For the last 20 years, Automation Solutions has been on the cutting edge of industrial controls technology, and we are one of only a few industrial automation firms offering design, engineering, distribution, and custom machine building under one roof.
We provide innovative and elegant solutions to the most challenging engineering problems in conjunction with our world class partners, including: Fanuc, Mitsubishi Electric, Red Lion, Turck, Schneider Electric and WAGO. Our culture is one of collaboration, where personal development is fundamental, excellence is appreciated and rewarded, and where we take a balanced approach to learning by combining one-on-one coaching and specialized vendor training.
We are currently looking for a personable, organized and creative Applications Engineer who will become the technical resource between our clients and our sales/engineering teams. Curiosity, eagerness to learn, a passion for innovation, and the desire to form strong relationships with customers are paramount. You will discover new and exciting opportunities in the automation industry, and share that excitement with our customers.
You will become the hero to our clients as you bring our firm's considerable resources to the table and show them how their vision can become a reality.
Our Application Engineers will:
- Meet with clients in a wide variety of industries and develop a deep understanding of their manufacturing processes and automation requirements, then cultivate trust by being honest and upfront about the best solution for them
- Learn about the latest innovations and technologies that come from our engineering group and the automation industry overall, then apply these innovations to our client's challenges by providing support to our sales team and training to our clients
- Create the overall system architecture, specifications and one-line drawings representing the developed solution through client consultation, supplier-partner resources, and Automation Solutions' engineering team
- Craft estimates, quotes and proposals which will help secure the project
- Serve as the primary point of contact for technical communication between the customer and our engineering and production teams as your projects move through the process to a successful completion and startup
Education and experience:
Engineering degree, or a combination of education and equivalent experience. An understanding of job costing and/or proposals, and familiarity with UL 508 / NFPA 79 standards is desirable, but not required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are imperative, along with MS Office skills, technical aptitude and a capacity for self-learning. Education, training or experience with our firm's specific products is not nearly as important as an ability to learn quickly, work creatively and efficiently, accept coaching, and be dedicated to our client's success.
Compensation & Benefits:
Very competitive compensation (commensurate with ability); Flexible work schedule; Paid vacation with additional Paid Time Off (PTO); Nine paid holidays; Healthcare reimbursement; Annual technical upgrade allowance; Specialty training and new skills development.
Please submit a cover letter/resume to Hiring@asmym.com - include "Applications Engineer Opportunity" in subject line.