Automation Control Systems Integrator
Automation Solutions creates innovative custom machine control solutions. During the past 20 years, we have provided industrial automation systems, machines, services and components to machine builders and end-users throughout the world. We occupy a unique niche as both a Factory Authorized Systems Integrator and an Authorized Distributor for many quality automation lines.
In this position, you will lead a team to create innovative, responsive solutions to a wide variety of machine control applications. We apply a common "toolbox" of components to create custom solutions for a wide variety of applications. You will develop projects from customer discovery; to PLC, HMI, Motion, and Network programming; through validation and startup at the customer's location. Most projects are completed in less than six weeks, and startups are usually daytrips. Individual initiative, a dedication to quality and a sense of pride in one's workmanship is critical. As a member of our engineering team, you will work cooperatively with the principal engineer, other engineers, draftspeople, project managers, and production technicians on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects.
- Must demonstrate mastery of IEC 61131-3 PLC programming, with an emphasis on Structured Text and Ladder.
- Must adhere to Automation Solutions standardized conventions and guidelines.
- Willingness to write disciplined, organized and well-documented code.
- Fluent in ANSI Y32.2/IEEE and IEC electrical schematic symbols and layouts
- Fluent in ANSI/ISA S5.1 P&ID process schematics symbols and layouts.
- Functional understanding of UL508A and NFPA79 standards.
- Expert proficiency implementing/troubleshooting PLCs, HMI, motion control, servo systems, industrial sensors.
- Experience with industrial networks such as Modbus TCP, Ethernet/IP, CANopen, and J1939.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and an ability to calmly guide our customers through the startup process.
- Experience commissioning and troubleshooting automation systems.
- 5+ Years of experience
- PLC Programming with CoDeSys (SoMachine) on Schneider and Wago PLCs.
- PLC Programming for Mitsubishi FX-, A-, Q- and iQ- PLC systems.
- PLC Programming for Rockwell/Allen-Bradley
- Motion Programming with CoDeSys (SoMachine) SoftMotion, or Mitsubishi motion controllers.
- HMI Programming for Schneider (Proface), Red Lion, Mitsubishi, Panelview systems.
- ANSI C/C++ Programming
Most work will be performed at our offices in Beaverton, Oregon. Additional work will be required in a wide variety of environments and industries, including everything from clean-room to rock quarry to military installations. You must be willing and able to work offsite as required. Fieldwork is usually within driving distance but will include out-of-town startup and service trips generally amounting to less than 15% of the total work schedule.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive compensation (commensurate with ability); Flexible work schedule; Paid vacation with additional Paid Time Off (PTO); 9 Paid holidays; Healthcare reimbursement; Specialty training and new skills development, and more. Please submit a resume and cover letter to Hiring@asmym.com - include "Systems Integrator" in the subject line.