Automation Solutions creates innovative custom machine control solutions. During the past 20 years, we have provided industrial automation systems, machines, services and components to machine builders and end-users throughout the world. We occupy a unique niche as both a Factory Authorized Systems Integrator and an Authorized Distributor for many quality automation lines.
The Fabricator/Assembly Technician will use hand tools, drills, jigsaws, grinders, chop saws and cold saws to fabricate industrial automation assemblies. Duties include modifying enclosures for touchscreens, meters and pilot devices, preparing back panels with DIN-rail and wire duct, and installing components using those features and a variety of tapped holes and rivets. Complete machines will be assembled using preformed or machined parts and structures made from aluminum extrusion cut in-house. Basic cable preparation (cut to length, strip, etc.), and installation will also be required. Individual initiative, a dedication to quality and a sense of pride in one's workmanship is critical. As a member of our production team, you will work cooperatively with Master Builders, technicians and engineers on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects.
Metal / Plastic Working
- Drill, punch, cut and tap according to blueprints, in mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum and plastic
- Accept verbal instructions and accurately create the desired assembly
- Excellent fabrication skills and the discipline to "measure twice and cut once"
- Create or update layout drawings documenting the final assembly
- Will unpack components and assembly them into enclosures and back panels according to layout drawings, photographs, and/or verbal instructions
- Familiarity with industrial control components and terminology a plus, but can be taught
- Package / crate completed products Required Attitude and Outlook
- Dedicated to quality
- Willing to rework and learn from mistakes
- Eager to learn new technology, techniques and optimize both products and procedures
- Able to work independently but eager to be part of an effective team General
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must have reliable personal transportation
Most work will be performed in a climate controlled laboratory-like production area at our Beaverton, Oregon location. Additional work will be required in a wide variety of environments and industries. Hours are Mon-Fri (8am-5pm, with some flexibility) with occasionally required overtime.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive compensation (commensurate with ability); Flexible work schedule; Paid vacation with additional Paid Time Off (PTO); Accrued sick time; Paid holidays; Healthcare reimbursement; Specialty training and new skills development, and more.
Please submit a resume/cover letter to Hiring@asmym.com - include "Fabricator/Assembly Tech" in the subject line.