Control Panel Builder III
Automation Solutions creates innovative custom machine control solutions. During the past 20 years, we have provided industrial automation systems, machines, services and components to machine builders and end-users throughout the world. We occupy a unique niche as both a Factory Authorized Systems Integrator and an Authorized Distributor for many quality automation lines.
The Master Control Panel Builder will construct a wide variety of custom automation control systems, and must demonstrate mastery of industrial control wiring, panel fabrication and assembly. While repeat production does occur, the Builder must also be able to assume responsibility for creating one-of-a-kind control systems from schematic drawings and a thorough understanding of best-practices and UL508a requirements. Individual initiative, a dedication to quality and a sense of pride in one's workmanship is critical. As a member of our production team, you will work cooperatively with other Master Builders, technicians and engineers on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects.
- Thorough familiarity with industrial control components and terminology
- Functional understanding of UL508A and NFPA79 standards
- Must be able to build directly from schematic drawings
- Must be able to plan efficient and standards-compliant panel layouts
- Complete mastery of wire prep, crimping, soldering, red-line documentation
- 5+ Years of experience
Required Attitude and Outlook
- Dedicated to quality
- Willing to rework and learn from mistakes
- Eager to learn new technology, techniques and optimize both products and procedures
- Able to work independently but eager to be part of an effective team General
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Good communication skills and the ability to follow written and verbal instruction
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must have reliable personal transportation
Most work will be performed in a climate controlled laboratory-like production area at our Beaverton, Oregon location. Additional work will be required in a wide variety of environments and industries, including everything from clean-room to rock quarry to military installations. You must be willing to work offsite as required, which will usually be day trips, but may also include up to week-long field installation trips out of town. Hours are Mon-Fri (8am-5pm, with some flexibility) with occasional required overtime.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive compensation (commensurate with ability); Flexible work schedule; Paid vacation with additional Paid Time Off (PTO); Nine Paid holidays; Healthcare reimbursement; Specialty training and new skills development, and more.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Hiring@asmym.com - include "Control Panel Builder III" in the subject line.