Operations Assistant - Inventory & Logistics
As the Pacific Northwest's premier systems integrator, Automation Solutions is at the cutting edge of controls technology, and we are looking to add a personable Operations Assistant in Inventory and Logistics to help us grow. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding and/or background in warehouse and inventory control. During the past 20 years our firm has provided industrial automation systems, services and components to machine builders and end-users throughout the Pacific Northwest. We occupy a unique niche as both a Factory Authorized Systems Integrator and an Authorized Distributor for many quality automation lines.
The Operations Assistant will have the primary responsibility for management of the company's warehouse and stock inventory. The daily work will be executed closely with our Production and Sales teams to ensure availability of stock for upcoming builds and part sales. The duties include the usual Shipping, Receiving and Inventory Management responsibilities, as well confirming vendor purchase orders online and over the phone. Most days are multi-faceted with a variety of duties.
Operations Assistant Responsibilities:
- Processing incoming and outgoing shipments (domestic and international)
- Scheduling shipping pick-ups or dropping off packages to carriers
- When receiving, kit parts for current production builds and/or prepare part sale shipments to customers
- Set up job bins for new orders, and pull stock from inventory
- Package tracking and status updates to operations and sales departments
- Notify operations when parts are delayed and need expediting
- Use email and Exact Online software to communicate with operations team
- Check items into or out of inventory
- Physical count of inventory
- Assist with RMA's - Generate labels for returns, photographing parts, documentation
- Occasional running errands or parts running
- Checking inventory of packaging material and re-ordering
- Administrative tasks and projects as assigned
Key Skills and Experience:
- Experience with automated Logistics/Warehouse Management Systems. Knowledge of Exact Online is a plus.
- 1-3 Years of Inventory Management
- Demonstrated experience in shipping/receiving
- Proficient with PC's and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Sheets, pdf files and internet searches
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and stand for extended periods of time
- You should have your own transportation and valid driver's license and insurance
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction
Education, training or experience with our specific products is not nearly as important as an ability to learn quickly, work creatively and efficiently, accept coaching, and be dedicated to our customer's success.
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive compensation (commensurate with ability); Flexible work schedule; Paid vacation with additional Paid Time Off (PTO); Accrued sick time; Nine paid holidays; Healthcare reimbursement; Specialty training and new skills development, and more.
Hours are Mon-Fri (8am-5pm) with occasional overtime
Please submit a resume/cover letter to: Hiring@asmym.com - include "Operations Assistant - Inventory & Logistics" in the subject line.